Howdy Dark Knights, welcome to the fifty-first multiple murder of HACK. If you’ve made it this far, shhh…listen…
“Listen! Do you smell something?” –Dr. Ray Stantz, Ghostbusters
This week I give you my true voice, such as it is. Below is a list of audio tracks. Below that is a table of contents with some details. Enjoy.
A note to my deaf readers. Um, sorry. Believe me, if I had the time to transcribe it all, I would have no time to enjoy the silence.
Peace be with you all. And also with me.
Table of Contents
1) A New Adventure In Nothing
2) Working Title
• An excerpt from a piece I wrote called ‘Rough Draft’.
3) Receptivity On Demand
4) Ol’ Nasty Rascal – ‘The Swagga’
• My old timey blues singer impersonation. Ol’ Nasty Rascal is an old hack who gives these short extemporaneous interviews before he dies.
5) Whistler’s Motherfucker
• In this recording I speculative if in this crossing guard’s past someone once died on her watch. Well, a couple months later someone did die, right before her watch. If she had been there, it probably wouldn’t have happened. I guess sometimes you have to take life too seriously.
6) Godville Inventory Jan 20 2012
• Every once in a while I find my heroine’s inventory to be relevant and/or amusing so I record it for posterity.
7) Do Nothing (Idea for Dialogue)
8) Do You Believe?
9) Expectations, Or Something
10) Forever (I Said It Before)
• It starts out not trying to be a poem but by the time I try to make it into a poem I’ve lost it.
11) Fuck Voice
• This is a true moment of catharsis. I was, shall we say, in a bad way, walking alone down a street in Massachussettes in the pouring rain before dawn with a painful amount of prepositions bearing upon my soul. I didn’t think I would ever listen to this again, let alone share it. Fuck it.
12) Godville Inventory Feb 2 2012
13) Ol’ Nasty Rascal – “Origins”
14) Hand Clappin’ (blues)
• I listen to only two radio stations: NJ101.5 for talk and traffic, and the local jazz station. Many times I’ll find myself in the middle of an amazing instrumental so I quickly record it for later research. Sometimes I get lucky and the DJ comes on after to tell me the artist.
15) Godville Inventory Feb 17 2012
16) Rhymes with –ivity
• Yes, that’s the movie Ghostbusters you can hear in the background. It’s playing on my Kindle Fire as I’m driving. Specifically, the scene where the Ghostbusters first enter the Sedgewick Hotel.
17) Say Nothing
18) Godville Inventory Level 41
19) Ol’ Nasty Rascal – “Ketchup On Her Toes”
• First there’s a soul song based off the melody for Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. Then it’s followed by Genesis ‘In Too Deep’ as I sing along. Bonus 9/11 joke at the end!
21) Random Honkey Tonk Song on Radio
22) Marc & Noel – March 17, 2012
• Somehow I accidentally recorded 20 minutes of me and Noelie hanging out in his room at Stately Jane Manor. Modern Jazz Quartet is playing in the background.
24) Awake to Sleep (Opus Marcus) by Dan Hall
• Dan is a friend of mine who once recorded 13 minutes of tuning and toying on a guitar, then decided to name it in homage to me.
Towel Boy will return later this week–same HACK time, same HACK channel.